- J. Watson Bailey Middle School
- Team Ponte Vecchio
Team Ponte Vecchio
Happy new year! We hope your families were able to rest and spend time with loved ones. We are thankful to have your students be a part of our class community, and we look forward to continuing to learn with them.
- We would like to express our condolences for those affected by the loss of D'Janeria Mason. Please know, especially during these times, your child's health is most important to us -- and that includes mental health. Encourage your child to reach out to us if they need someone to talk to or are having trouble keeping up with classwork.
- KCSD's crisis management team is available at 845-943-3826, and they can connect your student with a guidance counselor or social worker. This link is a resource from the National Association of School Psychologists on addressing grief, including behaviors to look out for and ways to support children through the process.
- Parent Teacher Conference Day is Friday, January 15. We have 20-minute meeting times available from 10:30 AM - 2:35 PM. Please complete this survey to request a conference. If you are not available on the 15, we will do our best to schedule another date.
- 5-Week reports were mailed and digitally released on December 23. Quarter 2 ends January 29th. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us through email, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- The best place to get detailed information on your child's progress is on their Teams account. Each class team has a "Grades" tab where the score and feedback for each assignment can be found.
- We are usually available during 10th period (2:42 - 3:00 PM) for extra help. Students can join through their "Calendar" tool on Teams.
- Reminder- All students should be reading for at least 20 minutes each night in their independent reading book. We can help students find a great book through our online resources if they do not have access to books at home.
- STAR testing will take place soon. These are benchmark assessments that give us an idea of your child's progress. They do not count toward your child's report card grade. STAR testing will occur on the following dates:
STAR Math: January 25th-February 5STAR Reading/Early Lit: February 8-February 24