New York State School Guidelines & Protocols
Guidance and regulations as put forth by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and the Ulster County Department of Health (UCDOH).
Below is a list of those protocols as they pertain to KCSD:
- Distancing of 3-feet between students and 6-feet between staff and students will be maintained, when possible.
- All schools will use visual guides (tape on floors, spacing aids on sidewalks, signs on walls) to ensure that staff and students remain distanced when in line and in hallways.
- If possible, distancing will be maintained on school buses. Windows will remain open for air flow.
- Proper ventilation will be maintained in all school buildings. Proper ventilation can be accomplished through moving fresh air into the building through open doors and windows, using fans to circulate the air, standalone air purifiers, or retrofitting HVAC systems.
- Students, faculty, and staff who are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms should not come to school or work. If symptoms develop during the school day, the individual will be sent home and encouraged to be tested.
- Cohorting will be used when possible to limit the number of students, teachers, and staff who come in contact with each other.
- PPE – All schools will have a sufficient supply of masks, gloves, face shields and all other protective equipment.
- Field trips will be evaluated and based on the rate of transmission in the community.
- All extracurricular activities will be offered (Clubs, Activities, etc.). All guidelines and protocols that apply to the regular school day will continue to be enforced for these group meetings and events.