KALP is the Kingston Advanced Learner's Program.
Kingston Alternative Learning Program
- KALP is committed to the belief that we must foster inclusive educational experiences. These allow students the opportunity to display emerging gifted behaviors.
- Students exhibiting gifted behaviors have special needs. These require appropriate attention both within and beyond the regular classroom.
Our Goals & Objectives
- To utilize a district-wide identification process that consistently targets students currently demonstrating or with the potential to demonstrate a high level of performance.
- To provide activities that foster and promote higher level thinking skills consistent with and an extension of the district curriculum.
- To establish an ongoing evaluation of the program’s effectiveness and student participation.
- By participating in challenging KALP programs, our students broaden and deepen their understanding of themselves and the world around them.
- Our KALP students enhance their gifts and talents and develop the tools to become productive life-long learners.