The Kingston City School District Nursing Department’s primary goal is to promote student health and wellness so that each student may reach his or her highest academic potential.
For more information about the topics listed above, please click on the icon.
The School Health Services are delivered by School Nurses (Registered Professional Nurses) and School Nurse Teachers (Registered Professional Nurses with Teaching Certifications).
School Health Services address two general areas of school health.
1. Provision of Nursing Care
• Basic First Aid and Care for students with illness or injuries that occur while at school
• Specialized Nursing Care for students with ongoing illnesses or disabilities
• Assessment and Referral to a Physician for Medical Care and follow up
• Medication Administration
• New York State Mandated Annual Health Screenings (vision, hearing, color perception, scoliosis, growth data, BMI data collection, and annual reporting).
• Liaison between the parent, doctor and school
2. School Environmental Health
• Consultant for building safety concerns
• Immunization record collection, surveillance and annual reporting
• Communicable disease data collection and mandated Health Department Reporting
School Health Offices Phone Numbers
Kingston High School 943-3738
J. Watson Bailey Middle School 943-3585
M. Clifford Miller Middle School 943-3656
Chambers Elementary School 943-3393
Edward R. Crosby Elementary School 943-3332
Ernest C. Myer Elementary School 943-3486
George Washington Elementary School 943-3515
Harry C. Edson Elementary School 943-3364
John F. Kennedy Elementary School 943-3110
Robert R. Graves Elementary School 943-3424
Meagher Pre-K 943-3453
Kingston Catholic School 331-9318