Important Information for 2020-2021
AP Course and Exam Registration Information:
- College Board AP Exam Information
- Exam Registration Deadline: 10/30/2020
- AP Parent Letter
- Payments can be made through MySchoolBucks by logging in or creating an account and then clicking School Store in the upper right corner and selecting Browse All Items.
- Students with a 504 and an IEP can complete a Consent for Accommodations form and return to the Guidance office for both the AP exams and SAT's. Consent for Accommodation, Consent for Accommodation Spanish
SAT and ACT at KHS:
- Testing for fall 2020 is currently cancelled until further notice, information will be provided as it becomes available.
- KHS does plan to administer the SAT and ACT this year and current Juniors are recommended to register for the ACT June 12th test date.
- Create a College Board Account
- Create an ACT account
- Free SAT test prep is available through the Khan Academy
- Free ACT test prep is available through the ACT Academy
- Account Login: https://student.naviance.com/auth/fclookup
- Use “Colleges I’m Thinking About” tool to explore schools and start your rough draft college list
Due to Covid-19 regulations, we are unable to offer the PSAT in the fall or in January 2021.
We will update the public as soon as possible should these restrictions be lifted and we are able to offer an exam at any time.
9th Grade Team
- Lindsay Hulbert
- Meaghan Williams
- Valerie Bellows-Secretary
10th Grade Team
- Jeramie Collins
- Michelle Drewnowski
- Laura Sexton-Secretary
11th Grade Team
- Joanna Lacy
- Scott Ricketson
- Pamela Pece-Secretary
12th Grade Team
- Alan Aidala
- Karen Madonna
- Diana Matthews-Secretary
College Planning Information
Most 4-year colleges require a standardized test such as the SAT or ACT as part of the college admissions process. Our recommendations are as follows:
Take the PSAT (practice SAT) in October. It is only given once a year. It provides feedback to students regarding strengths and weaknesses in both Language Arts and Math. It also provides students with free services that they can use on the College Board website. Some 9th graders who are accelerated in Science might consider taking the SAT II Subject Test in June. Consult with your high school counselor regarding this decision.
Again, the PSAT in October is a great practice and preparatory test. Now students are compared to other 10th Graders across the country. The College Board website has many tools to interpret results and feedback regarding strengths and weaknesses. Some 10th graders might consider taking the SAT II Subject test in Science…again; consult with your high school counselor.
It is highly recommended that juniors take the PSAT in the fall of their 11th grade year…the test will now compare you to 11th Graders across the country…the students whom you will be compared in the college application process. Also, 11th graders are automatically put in the running for some national scholarship programs which include the National Merit Scholarship competition. In the spring of 11th grade, we recommend that students first try the actual SAT I Reasoning test. Based on the results, you can decide to take it again in the fall of your senior year.
Students have the opportunity to take the SAT in October, November, May and June if there is a need to improve scores. Scores will be reported to colleges on their transcripts as long as the Guidance Office gets a copy of their scores by coding in KHS when registering for the test.
KHS CEEB Code: 332705
Exam Fee Waiver
Any student eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch will be eligible to take the SAT/ACT for free (there are restrictions regarding the number of times they are allowed to take it for free).
See your counselor for a fee waiver. Students should make every effort to apply by the first deadline…late fees will be charged after this date.
Practice materials are available in the Guidance Office and collegeboard.org and act.org.
SAT Exams offered at KHS: Students need to register at collegeboard.org.
PSAT Exam offered at KHS:
PSAT Exam offered at KHS: Watch the announcement section for updates. The cost of the exam is $20. Registration will open for Juniors only. An announcement on KHS TV will be made if/when the exam will be open to sophomores to register.
Please register in your guidance office. If you have any questions, please see your counselor.
ACT Exam offered at KHS:
Watch the announcement section above for updates.
Students must register at act.org.
*There are other dates and locations available for these tests. Please visit the collegeboard link above*
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE DEADLINES AS STUDENTS CAN NO LONGER WALK IN ON THE DAY OF THE TEST
REGISTER EARLY ON ALL EXAMS TO AVOID LATE FEES!
- Students will not be admitted to the test unless they have BOTH their registration ticket and picture ID.
- Students will be required to download a picture of themselves when registering for the test.