2020-2021 Board of Education Goals
1) Provide resources and support for the implementation of DCIP and the superintendent’s goals.
2) Promote equity in academic opportunity, extracurricular participation, social-emotional learning, and discipline practices in KCSD by monitoring and supporting the implementation of equity objectives through superintendent’s regular reports to the BOE, as per the annotated calendar.
3) Work with school district administration to identify structural barriers to equal access to educational and extra curricular opportunities for all KCSD students.
4) Receive academic performance reports, as per the annotated calendar. Reports should include data about all areas of focus and strategies for improvement.
5) Continue BOE retreats and learning opportunities on equity, race, and racial diversity. Book study that meets quarterly. Convene subcommittee to explore issues of safety in KCSD schools, with a specific focus on the role of SROs.
6) Monitor and support facilities projects through regular monthly reports from the Facilities Committee, the Owner’s Representative (Thomas Clapper), the Construction Management Firm (BBL), and architectural firms.
- 2020-2021 prioritized projects as stated in the Capital Improvement Plan;
- KHS 2nd Century Project Phase II – Projected completion spring 2021.
7) Facilitate opportunities for two- way communication between parents and students and the Board via surveys.