2019-20 Board of Education Goals (Awaiting Adoption on 9/18/19)
2019-2020 Board of Education Goals
1) Provide resources and support for the implementation of DCIP and the superintendent’s goals.
2) Promote equity in academic opportunity, extracurricular participation, social-emotional learning, and discipline practices in KCSD by monitoring and supporting the implementation of equity objectives through superintendent’s regular reports to the BOE, as per the annotated calendar.
3) Receive academic performance reports, as per the annotated calendar. Reports should include data about all areas of focus and strategies for improvement.
4) Continue BOE retreats and learning opportunities on equity, race, and racial diversity. Book study that meets quarterly.
5) Monitor and support facilities projects through regular monthly reports from the Facilities Committee, the Owner’s Representative (Thomas Clapper), the Construction Management Firm (BBL), and architectural firms.
- 2019-2020 prioritized projects as stated in the Capital Improvement Plan;
- KHS 2nd Century Project Phase II.
6) Continue enhanced, monthly outreach to the community through Coffee and Conversation opportunities in a variety of venues and times in order to foster more active dialogue between trustees and the members of the public (See Coffee and Conversation schedule and reminders on our website).