The number of available Pre-Kindergarten slots for the District is determined annually by the NYS Education Department (SED).
1. Complete the Universal Pre-K Application (Download an application from this page, or pick up a copy from the District Central Administration Building or School Main Offices. Contact the Pre-K office with any questions.)
2. Intake Interview – appointments begin in January prior to the school year of enrollment. The Pre-K Family Worker schedules and conducts the interview.
3. A lottery is held each year to fill slots at available sites. This lottery is usually held in May once SED has determined the number of slots.
4. Acceptance letters are mailed after completion of the lottery; any student who is not selected in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list and a letter will be mailed to inform the parents.
5. After the initial lottery is held, students will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Open slots may become available throughout the year and will be filled from the waiting list.
If you are interested in applying for your child, please complete an application and return it to:
Kingston City School District
Attn: Laura Finnigan, Pre-K Office
61 Crown Street
Kingston, NY 12401
Fax: (845) 339-3099